AIRTIS & ARTEMIS: "FROZEN LAKE"


Model (male): Airtis 
Company: Enigma miniatures
Scale: 54 mm

Model (female): Artemis
Scale: 40 mm

Story: This is a long-term project, almost a year from the begining to the end. Basing was complex but results were not bad at all. 

First of all, I put some tree crust pieces forming a "three levels" composition, simulating rocks.
Rocks in nature are meteorized and eroded, forming soils, I made it with real sand and some cork pieces.
Later, vegetation covers little by little these soils. I used natural components picked up from the forest. Some grass and wood pieces will give a more natural aspect. I added the figure in the top, as a watcher of all the scene. Is important wondering what is he doing relative to his body position.
Trees are always important simulating nature. In this case I added too much pieces, so I retired some of them later. 
Testing tones. Blue gives us a "cold" environment.


Aquatic environments are characterized by rounded rocks, transported by water, so I used some in the lower part, simulating a river-lake.

I added water using Still water from Vallejo. It is great if you make thin layers, but it is extremely slow if you want create water some centimeters thick.


Finally I added snow to reflect a cold scene. I used bicarbonate and salt, mixed together with white glue.

I realized that the base was too big for one miniature. So I added one more, a  female who completed quite well the scene. Note that she has got a converted helmet and a free hand drawn shield. I hope you like it ;)




Sometimes awards are not comming in form of medalls, but your work is included as one of the best on Coolminiornot:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurgle fly + 40k Chaos chosen: «NURGLED»

STARDRAKE: "THE DEMON SLAYER»

MV CHALLENGE 2018 "Would you be my friend?"