SENTINEL 40K: "Troubles on the border"

Model: Warhammer 40K sentinel
Company: Games Workshop


Story: I always wanted to learn weathering-rusting effects, applied on robots or Sci-fi machines. I spent some days looking for something useful when I found this piece on the 2nd hand market. It was very bad painted and broken, but I decided to restore it.
A bottle of alcohol 96º and toothbrush can clean it in just 24 h, cheap and effective!
First, I applied black primer and I started the composition. My first idea was to create a Sci-fi scenery, which included a duel between the sentinel and an Infinity Igao unit. The last was discarted later, because of the huge size differences... I added some pieces of plastic, which would be iron later.
I modified sentinel´s legs position, looking for a more dynamic scene


Double (Black & white) primer helps a lot defining lights and shadows. In this case, our light source would come from the right side of the photo:



Testing weathering effects on the floor components. Yellow was too saturated and it catches all the attention, so I changed it!

My first attempt sculpting with Milliput: some alien arms, which add more dynamism and tension to the scene. The traffic signal (alien alert) was made using the aluminum of a can of soda. Hope you like it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nurgle fly + 40k Chaos chosen: «NURGLED»

STARDRAKE: "THE DEMON SLAYER»

MV CHALLENGE 2018 "Would you be my friend?"